Tuesday, January 25, 2011

So many things I want to say!

It's quite possibly the 5 cups of coffee I've had over the past few hours, or just simply because I'm loving this new photography venture of mine, but my head is spinning! Literally. There are so many things I want to say, do, scream, discuss...you get the picture. Some good, some bad, some controversial, some inspiring...yeah. Probably too much coffee. Anyway, I'll just free-think, so hang in there!

numero uno:
The money thing.

Coming up with pricing is HARD! I don't want to "give" sessions away, I want my time spent away from my kids to be worth my while, and my kids' while, and YOUR while! So, I go back and forth on the money thing. Fellow photogs tell me I don't charge enough, but in the other ear, I hear that I charge too much. What's a girl to do?

I'll tell ya.

I'll keep pricing right where it's at for now. It seems to be working okay for now. But...keep in mind...that you get what you pay for.

Am I as good as someone who charges $800? No. Am I better than someone who charges $50? Probably. Am I worth what I currently charge? Abosolutely!

2.

"copycats"

I've been hearing this a LOT lately. Photogs who are offended that someone "copied" them.  Photog vendors who are offended that someone "copied" their designs.

I don't know what I think about being annoyed or miffed about being "copied." I just don't know. But I've decided this is my thought: everyone finds inspiration somewhere. That's it. No one is really truly original.  Does that sound harsh? Maybe! But that's the way I feel. I don't think anyone has created or come up with an idea that wasn't created or thought up before them. That's that.

3.

Work.

I love being a nurse, truly. But, I love my kids more. I've NEVER been one to want to be a stay at home/work from home mom. Until this past month. I really. really. REALLY want to stay home with my kids, devoting my time to them and photography as my source of income for my family. If this happened anytime in the next year or two, I might pee my pants with excitement. Seriously. So, add that to your prayer request list for me, I'd truly appreciate it!

4.

I really need to see Social Network. Did you see how many awards that movie won last weekend???

5.

Boudoir

Okay, I sound like a broken record, but I'll say it one more time. Or write it, so I can always refer back to it, so I don't have to actually utter the words again.

Women. are. SEXY. despite their weight, their age, their pants size, their facial features, their saggy boobs, lack of boobs, or overly big boobs.

We've carried babies, we've nursed babies, we've gained and lost the freshman 15 (or 50) a million and a half times. Our bodies are not what they used to be, and it's very rare that any of us will ever look again the way we looked in high school.

Boudoir sessions are, in my opinion, more for you as a WOMAN, empowering yourself, than for the person you are choosing to do the session for. You got that? Do it for YOU, if for no one else. Because I swear to you, no matter what, you will look back at those pictures and think, "Damn, I'm hot!"

I can NOT hear any more women put themselves down on my fanpage/personal page/to my face, etc, trying to justify why they just couldn't do a boudoir session because....................whatever the stupid reason may be. It's unacceptable to me as a woman. And I don't wanna hear it anymore. Take your negativity to someone else. Confidence is all you need to sell yourself as the sexiest woman on the block. And, to keep the negativity away, I will NOT ask any more what your reasoning is for deciding NOT to do a boudoir session, whether photographed by me or anyone else...because if I hear one more woman say "because I'm FAT!!!!" I might smack ya. Honestly.

6.

I weigh 25 pounds more than I should. I weigh the same I did when Mr. Maddox made his way out of me, eighteen months ago.  I REFUSE to say negative things about my body, because I'm the one in control of it. Could I have lost the weight by now? Of course! Have I been eating Dunkin Donuts and Cinnamon Crunch bagels from Panera every day for the past four months. uhhhhmaybe. And no one wants to hear me say how "fat" I am, especially as I stuff my face with double chocolate goodness. So, what did I decide to do on Sunday? Go back on my lifestyle change "diet." Here's to losing 15 pounds in two weeks! Wish me luck!

Ahhhh. I feel better now.

Let's see, what else is weighing on my mind?

Oh, I want my brother and sister to move back home. Suuuuriously. Oklahoma sucks.

Okay, I think that is all for now. Thanks SO much for reading my rambling.


who wouldn't want tobe a SAHM/WAHM with these kids???


xo

1 comment: